tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:57:47 GMT
Most linux systems (probably *nix in general) store the pid in a file
named after the service  in /var/run.  Your restart script could pick up
that pid and then loop through checking for it's existance about once a
second until it's gone before continuing with a new startup.  That at
least is dynamic enough to accommodate long and short shutdown times.
Keep track of the wait and if it takes too long, log an error.

--David