tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat listening on port, but get timeout in browser
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 01:20:23 GMT
Maybe I'm being too picky in the language, but I'm not entirely clear
from your posts if the failure is just on jsps and servlets or across
the board (jsps, servlets, html, images, styles, javascript, etc.,
...).  Your original post implied the problem was across the board.

I ask just to be clear where the problem is -- possible
connector/firewall issue or something funny with servlets/jsps hanging
-- possibly waiting on some back end resource.  Can you turn on the
access log valve or request dumper valve to see that tomcat is actually
receiving the request in your logs?

--David