tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Http Header Cache-Control
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:10:48 GMT
Yes, that's true:

if you use mod_jk and try to change headers via Apache config and
mod_headers, you are able to add headers, but not to change or remove
the ones coming from tomcat via mod_jk. mod_headers and mod_jk do not
interoperate nicely.

In general this will not give a good solution, so a Tomcat servlet
filter is preferred in this situation. You must be careful not to end up
with inconsistent headers.

Regards,

Rainer

P.S.: mod_jk version: on Linux/Unix you can do "strings my_mod_jk_file |
fgrep 1.2.' or you can look at the info level log message during startup:

[Mon Aug 06 17:20:36.186 2007] [6568:2806630656] [info]
init_jk::mod_jk.c (2775): mod_jk/1.2.25 initialized

(but I'm not really sure since which version this exists).

or you look at the head of the status worker output,

or ... :)