tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: SSO session replication within TC 5.5.23 cluster
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:51:24 GMT
you sure can, there is a single sign on valve, you would have to change
the code for that one

filip

ROOKIE wrote:
> Hi Filip,
> I had posted earlier and u had confirmed that SSO replication is not complete.
> I would like to know if there is a way by which I can edit the SSO cookie generated by
tomcat to also contain jvmRoute (mentioned in Engine node in server.xml) so that my load balancer
rewrites my SSO sessions directly to the correct cluster member.

> Thanks,
> Vinod

launch embedded apps which use the SSO cookie to access other webapps on the server (Single-Sign-On
for the user).

>> Things are working perfectly for the normal cookie but not for the sso cookie.
>>
>> The problem I have is that tomcat does not replicate SSO sessions so when these embedded
apps route through the load balancer we get 401s on all the other cluster members except the
one which actually generated the SSO cookie.

>> I wanted to know if we can edit the SSO cookie generated by tomcat to also contain
the jvmRoute parameter so that the load balancer directly goes to the correct cluster member.

{
>>                 if(_SESSION_COOKIE_NAME.equals(cookies[nc].getName())) {
>>                     _sessionId = cookies[nc].getValue();
>>                 }
>>                 else
>>                 if(_SSO_SESSION_COOKIE_NAME.equals(cookies[nc].getName())) {
>>                     _ssoSessionId = cookies[nc].getValue();
>>                     if (!_ssoSessionId.contains("." + jvmRoute)) {
>>                         _ssoSessionId += "." + jvmRoute;
>>                         response.addCookie(new Cookie(_SSO_SESSION_COOKIE_NAME, _ssoSessionId));

>>                     }
>>
>>                 }
>>
>> But after this I started getting 401s from even the correct cluster member. My guess
is addCookie doesnt update the cookie in tomcat's cache which is reasonable.

>> Other thought was to edit tomcat's sso cookie generation code to append the jvmRoute
to the sso cookie.

>> Is there an better way to achieve this in my code base ?
>>
>> Thanks In Advance,
>> Vinod

sessions across cluster members, if so how to configure it ?

>>> Thanks,
>>> Vinod

2.2 (mod_proxy) load balancer in front. Our tomcat has SSO valve enabled.

>>> I wanted to know if TC 5.5.23 supports SSO session replication ?
>>>
>>> Googling tells me that a patch was submitted for this, http://fabien.carrion.free.fr/TomcatCluster.html
and even the catalina-cluster.jar has the ClusterSingleSignOn valve. But TC mailing lists
suggest that the support is still not complete.

>>> In any case I have not been able to get it working.
>>>
>>> Whenever I use the SSO cookie for authentication I get 401 from all the other
cluster members (except the one who generated the SSO session id).

>>> The requested resource is protected and the UserPrincipal found in the HttpRequest
by the other cluster members is null. I use a customized NTLM authenticator which expects
a non-null UserPrincipal in the HttpRequest if user is already authenticated.

>>> Following is my cluster node in server.xml (embedded in Host node) :
>>>
>>>         <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
>>>              clusterName="rooksCluster"
>>>              managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
>>>              expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
>>>              useDirtyFlag="true"
>>>              notifyListenersOnReplication="true">
>>>
>>>             <!--Shared between the whole cluster-->
>>>             <Membership
>>>             className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
>>>             mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
>>>             mcastPort="45564"
>>>             mcastFrequency="500"
>>>             mcastDropTime="3000"/>
>>>
>>>             <!--Unique listen port for each cluster node-->
>>>             <Receiver
>>>             className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
>>>             tcpListenAddress="auto"
>>>             tcpListenPort="4002"
>>>             tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
>>>             tcpThreadCount="4"/>
>>>
>>>             <Sender
>>>             className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
>>>             replicationMode="pooled"
>>>             ackTimeout="15000"
>>>             waitForAck="true"/>
>>>
>>>             <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
>>>                filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.png;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.*\.css;.*\.txt;"/>
>>>
>>>             <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.authenticator.ClusterSingleSignOn"
debug="0"/>
>>>             <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.JvmRouteBinderValve"
enabled="true" sessionIdAttribute="takeoverSessionid"/>
>>>                <ClusterListener className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.JvmRouteSessionIDBinderListener"
/>
>>>             <ClusterListener className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
>>>         </Cluster>
>>>
>>> Any ideas why SSO session replication is not working, is it a configuration error
or does TC 5.5.23 not support this.