tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Juergen Nickelsen <nickel...@strato-rz.de>
Subject Tomcat books (was Re: Tomcat and servlet the nightmare)
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:30:45 GMT
David Smith wrote:

> <rant mode="venting">I have to tell you guy, true nightmares exist in
> answering questions from people who obviously haven't made any attempt
> at learning the technology before throwing stuff together and asking
> questions.  Please do us a favor and get a recently written book on
> tomcat.</rant>

What book(s) would you recommend? A fast-paced book that is not just a
gentle introduction, but covers a lot of details besides the general
principles would probably be best suited for me.

I see there is an O'Reilly book (Tomcat. The Definitive Guide. By Jason
Brittain and Ian F. Darwin); most of theirs fit the above description
and are quite good, but there are exceptions. How about this one?

Regards, Juergen.