tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Tomcat cluster serving ~50 lines of the page when a request hits a stopped webapp for the first time
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:04:31 GMT
hi Ben,

could you try the following patch for 1.2.24:

I guess you can build the module yourself (it's easy: configure
--with-apxs=PATHTOAPXS; make; make install). Now simply download the
source of 1.2.24 and use the patch command to add the above file as a
patch. Then build and retest. If you really can't build it yourself let
me know.

The patch is not well tested, don't go straight to production with it :)

ben short wrote:
> Sure for stable operation, but what if the machine reboots, tomcat
> starts up and your webapp doesn't for some reason. This situation
> could occur then.
> Many thanks for your help with this one.
> Regards
> Ben
> On 8/1/07, Rainer Jung <> wrote:
>> Hi Ben,
>> I think I understand the problem now, and it is a jk bug. For stable
>> operation you should really use the disable/stop feature. Nevertheless
>> I'm starting thinking about how to fix this in a good way.
>> The bug has to do with the new "fail on status" feature you use. It is
>> not very old, so we didn't experience the bug before.
>> Stay tuned ...
>> Regards,
>> Rainer

To start a new topic, e-mail: