tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Permissions
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:02:19 GMT
Ahhhh.... an applet.  That certainly changes the question a LOT.  Applet
execution being on the client system won't be influenced by the server's
security manager.

My advice stands when attempting to run a security manager on the server
and making connections from the servlet code to the db.  I'm no expert
on applets and security managers so I'm not sure how to configure the
security manager on the client or even if there is a way.

--David

Alexander Osherenko wrote:

>Hello Martin and David,
>
>thank you for your suggestions.
>
>My problem is more complicated. I've implemented a java applet that is stored in the ROOT
directory. The html-file to show the applet is

><applet archive="applet.jar,mysql-connector-java-3.1.14.jar" code="Applet" ...>
></applet>
>

>This applet looks and works almost perfect except that it calls the MySQL bridge (mysql-connector...)
that is also stored in the ROOT directory. Hence, I have two different jar files one in the
ROOT directory and one in WEB-INF/lib/. How can I facilitate correct loading if I can't bind
the jar-file in the archive tag as WEB-INF/lib/applet.jar?