tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Petr Sumbera <Petr.Sumb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Tomcat with/without Tomcat native library
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:40:49 GMT
Hi Bill and all,

not sure what is the right way for comparison between using and not
using APR. I tried Apache ab tool like this:

ab -c 4 -n 10000 http://localhost:8080/favicon.ico

And I don't see any difference. Actually it might be little bit slower
with APR. The file size is 21630, so it should use sendfile then (well
actually our APR doesn't use sendfile at the moment as far as I know).

And the other issue is stability with APR. When I configure Tomcat to
use SSL via APR it works for simple requests. But using huge amount of
requests with ab it will fail (and tomcat is no longer responding to any
request):

bash-3.00# /usr/apache2/bin/ab -c 4 -n 10000
https://localhost:443/favicon.ico
This is ApacheBench, Version 2.0.40-dev <$Revision: 1.146 $> apache-2.0
Copyright 1996 Adam Twiss, Zeus Technology Ltd, http://www.zeustech.net/
Copyright 2006 The Apache Software Foundation, http://www.apache.org/

Benchmarking localhost (be patient)
SSL handshake failed (5).

Test aborted after 10 failures

apr_socket_connect(): Connection refused (146)
Total of 1 requests completed

--

Any comment to this?

Petr