tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: - Error -404 resources not found
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 23:32:20 GMT
On 8/18/07, nowled@excite.com <nowled@excite.com> wrote:

> But still when I open my browser and type http://localhost:8080/   I get HTTP Status
404 - / The requested resource (/) is not available.

What happens if you place an index.jsp file (with some contents ) in
C:\TomCat\webapps\ROOT\ ?

If the directory listing is set to false, and if there is no index.jsp
file under the web application's root folder then you'll see a 404
HTTP status.

So, if you place a small index.jsp under your webapplication's root
folder then you should be able to see the index.jsp's content --- if
all other settings are correct.

Or, set directory listing to true in Tomcat's web.xml .

> I'm a little stumped because I have done every possible thing that TomCat has given in
the troubleshooting section of their documentation and also I have uninstalled JDK and TomCat
on a couple of machines but still the same response. So it must be something I'm doing wrong,
but I have no idea what it is. I have tried numerous of combinations and even tried fresh
machines.

> Any Thoughts would be appreciated

-Rashmi