tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Solomon Movva <carl.mount...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat Session Replication Issue
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:58:01 GMT
Hi all,
I am using Tomcat 5.5 as both Web Server and Web Container.
I have 4 tomcat instances A,B,C,D - 2 each on 2 Web Server boxes.
 There's a
hardware load balancer sitting before these that routes to each of the
 4
IP/ports.

I haven't used method described in the TOmcat 5.5 docs on the
tomcat.apache.org site. That is , on the server.xml file I haven't made
 any
changes to Cluster/Manager element. However, in the context.xml file
I have added the Manager element and used JDBC store to store the
 session
data. I also have <distributable/> in the web.xml

It works perfectly as far as storing the session in the db and
 retaining it.
Until in the application, I do a step where a file has to be browsed
 and
attached from the PC. If I browse, but do not attach, it works fine.
 But
once I attach the file, the session entry is REMOVED from the database,
 and
the application gets a session-timeout error. It happens consistently.
 I am
monitoring the size of the session in the db, (it's a blob) and it
 doesn't
exceed 1kb of data, so I don't think it's due to the size.

Please help. I am out of ideas.
thanks in advance
CM

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.