tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Liang, Chong" <David.Li...@compuware.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat6 and JVMTI Interface provided by SUN for Java profiler.
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 14:22:56 GMT
It happens on tomcat6 as service but not with commandline option.

-----Original Message-----
From: Liang, Chong [mailto:David.Liang@compuware.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 9:40 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat6 and JVMTI Interface provided by SUN for Java profiler.

Hi there,

  I am working on a Java profiler using JVMTI interface provided by JDK 5 and above. I always
get abnormal termination of tomcat 6 when stopping it. I ran through DevStudio debugger and
found the callback of jvmtiEventVMDeath in JVMTI is never activated when shutting down tomcat
6 and a unhandled exception is caught. It doesn't happen on tomcat 5.5.

Thanks,
Chong

<<abnormal.doc>>