tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "" <now...@excite.com>
Subject Re: - Error -404 resources not found
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:32:19 GMT

I installed tomcat and:
1. I named  the environmental variable to JAVA_HOME and it was set   to c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01

2 I edited the context.xml  configuration file and added reloadable="true" to the  <context
> tag.
I changed it to <Context  reloadable="true">

3 I went to the web.xml file to de-comment the invoker servlet:

  <servlet>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
          org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

  4. Next I de-commented the:

       <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    5. I then created a class directory at: C:\TomCat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF
       once there I created a folder named----classes.

When I start TomCat from the command prompt I get server startup in 2092 ms. (Seems Successful)

But still when I open my browser and type http://localhost:8080/   I get HTTP Status 404 -
/ The requested resource (/) is not available.

I'm a little stumped because I have done every possible thing that TomCat has given in the
troubleshooting section of their documentation and also I have uninstalled JDK and TomCat
on a couple of machines but still the same response. So it must be something I'm doing wrong,
but I have no idea what it is. I have tried numerous of combinations and even tried fresh
machines.

Any Thoughts would be appreciated