tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nlif <>
Subject Re: Interacting with an embedded Tomcat
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:39:33 GMT

Hmm, I guess I did not explain myself very well...

I have an application, that acts as bootstrap: it creates and initializes
various services, which provide a Java API to resources such as database,
file-system, and native libraries. In addition, I want that bootstrap
application to start an embedded tomcat, in which my web application will
run. Thus, *everything* is in the same process. The question was, how can I
pass Java references from the bootstrap application to the web-apps in side
the embedded Tomcat.

I hope this makes it clear.

I assume the Tomcat embedded APIs provide some way to pass a reference into
the web-app contexts that are deployed in that Tomcat. I've never worked
with Tomcat as embedded, and frankly, I can't seem to find documentation or
code-samples for it. If anyone can point me to anything, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again.