tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Victor Lutin <vlu...@bytesw.com>
Subject Re: Using own index.html in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT directory
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:12:50 GMT
Hi,

	Well, what web.xml file you modified?

CATALINA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\

	1. %CATALINA_HOME%/conf/web.xml
	2. %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml

	I have Tomcat 6 installed, i tried to do that, and works for me, You
most comment web.xml in opction 1. and verify web.xml in option 2 for
<welcome-file>.

	I got 404 error when I put a URL like this on my browser: (8180 is
my port for tomcat)

		http://localhost:8180/ROOT/
	but with
		http://localhost:8180