tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jimmy Phelan :: Blacknight Solutions" <>
Subject Check JSP/Servlet Version from a command line
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:59:06 GMT
Hi All

How can I check from a command line on *nix the JSP/Servlet version

I am "inheriting" a Tomcat installation.

There are issues with it, and a solution I got from this mailing list was to
upgrade the JDK version. We currently have

java version "1.5.0_08"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_08-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_08-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Im upgrading that to update 12.

We are running Tomcat 5.5.23

Will I need to upgrade tomcat as well? The only version check I can see is
the one here: