tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Doug Black <d...@westrockvisions.com>
Subject Write custom valve?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 03:07:51 GMT
How can I best pass ips allowed by a valve to pass through to my application
while forcing ips that are denied to log in through a realm? The only possible
behavior I can detect of either RemoteAddrValve or RemoteHostValve is to force
requests through the IP or host filter and also through the user realm for the
context. Do I have to write a custom valve java class? How hard is this for an
intermediate Java writer? Any tips on how to do this?

I apologize that I submitted essentially the same question a couple days ago,
but I got no responses so I thought I'd try with a less verbose phrasing.

Thanks, Doug