tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Hirschorn" <steven.hirsch...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems Exporting Private Key from Tomcat's JKS keystore for use in MS ISA Server
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:43:13 GMT
Hi All,
I'm trying to publish a Tomcat server through a Microsoft ISA server
firewall using SSL Bridging, and in order to do this I need to export the
private key belonging to the Tomcat site, and import it into the Windows
Certificate store.  Can anyone help with a procedure for doing this?

The default export functionality for the Java keytool command doesn't seem
to export the private key.  I found a Java code snippet which can export the
private key here:
http://www.anandsekar.com/2006/01/19/exporting-the-private-key-from-a-jks-keystore/
but the exported key is not in the format required.  The formats which MS
will accept for import are listed on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_cmimportexport.mspx?mfr=true

Any help appreciated!
Steven