tomcat-users mailing list archives

From MC Moisei <mcmoi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request fai
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:02:27 GMT
Sorry about the formatting. It's hotmail cr*p! So, I run Apache2 that fronts a Tomcat in mod_jk
and I have this multi-upload screen(ajax+java) that works great from my intranet but when
testing it from outside is not. I'm sure it's a setting thing either on mod_jk, tomcat or
apacheI observed the following:1. when I initiate an upload, it seems that the whole upload
happens as a result of the form post instead of being progressively. I test from a place that
has a proxy and my tomcat instance is fronted by an apache that handles the static content
(coupled with mod_jk). What's really happening? Shouldn't the upload happen progressively
via the proxy ? Is the file firstly uploaded to the proxy and from there to my site as one
chunk ? Why this is not happening from my local box. I had other people complaining about
this as well so it's not only my location. From my intranet works as it should - flawless.2.If
I initiate two concurrent uploads only the last one prevails and I get always an exception
on the first one... This also works just fine from my local intranet. I assume both are related
with each other.2007-07-23 11:53:27,358 [TP-Processor11]: ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:253)
- Servlet.service() fororg.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException:Processing
of multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly        atorg.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:359)
       atorg.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:302)
       atorg.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.java:185)
       atorg.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:405)        atorg.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.java:818)
       atorg.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:194)
   atorg.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)        atorg.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
       atcom.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.FrameworkActionServlet.doGet(FrameworkActionServlet.java:119)
       atcom.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.FrameworkActionServlet.doPost(FrameworkActionServlet.java:131)
       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
       atcom.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.FrameworkActionServlet.service(FrameworkActionServlet.java:91)
       atcom.gsi.core.servlet.GSIActionServlet.service(GSIActionServlet.java:128)        atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
       at org.ajaxanywhere.AAFilter.doFilter(AAFilter.java:46)       atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
       at com.goodmedia.trim.TrimFilter.doFilter(TrimFilter.java:72)        atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
       atcom.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.UserManagerUtilsFilter.doFilter(UserManagerUtilsFilter.java:105)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
       atorg.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:292)
       atorg.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:108)
       atorg.acegisecurity.intercept.web.SecurityEnforcementFilter.doFilter(SecurityEnforcementFilter.java:197)
       atorg.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:303)
       atorg.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:143)
       atorg.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:303)
       atorg.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:246)
       atorg.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:303)
       atorg.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:220)
       atorg.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:303)
       atorg.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
  atorg.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:120)        atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
       atcom.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.RequestUtilsFilter.doFilter(RequestUtilsFilter.java:96)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
       atorg.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    atorg.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
 atorg.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
  atorg.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)        atorg.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:307)
       atorg.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:385)        atorg.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:748)
       atorg.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:678)
   atorg.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:871)        atorg.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)Caused by:org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$MalformedStreamException:Stream
ended unexpectedly        atorg.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.makeAvailable(MultipartStream.java:964)
       atorg.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.read(MultipartStream.java:887)
       at java.io.InputStream.read(InputStream.java:89)        atorg.apache.commons.fileupload.util.Streams.copy(Streams.java:94)
       atorg.apache.commons.fileupload.util.Streams.copy(Streams.java:64)        atorg.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:354)
       ... 60 more