tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat thread management like Apache mpm-worker
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:10:03 GMT
> From: Miguel Angel Tormo [mailto:mlists@edicom.eu]
> Subject: Tomcat thread management like Apache mpm-worker
>
> I ask that question because I am using Tomcat 5.5 with JDK
> 1.4 in Linux 2.6 and I have only one process running, so it
> is using only one CPU for all the threads. Am I wrong here?

Yes, you are wrong - unless your OS supports some form of thread-CPU
affinity, and you have enabled that.  Each Tomcat thread corresponds to
a native thread, so unless some aspect of the OS is preventing use of
the multiple CPUs, the Tomcat threads will use all resources available,
if needed.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.