tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 classloader errors
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:07:07 GMT
> From: Peter Stavrinides [mailto:p.stavrinides@albourne.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 6 classloader errors
>
> I am porting a Java servlet from Tomcat 5.5.20 to Tomcat 6
> and I seem to be having classloader issues. The application
> works under 5, but under 6 I get the following stack trace.
>
> org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@13a328f
>  org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet

Where did you put the Tapestry JAR?  It's never been part of the Tomcat
distribution, so you'll need to place it where the webapp classloader
(or the common classloader) can find it.  Note that the classloading
hierarchy in Tomcat 6 is different from that in 5.5:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.