tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <>
Subject Re: Tomcat with 8 GB memory
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:00:22 GMT
On 30/07/2007, at 8:02 AM, Peter Stavrinides wrote:

> Apologies Ron this was supposed to be directed at Andrew Miehs!
> Peter Stavrinides wrote:
>> From your comments Ron you obviously didn't understand a thing I
>> wrote, because you have just repeated me!

Dear Peter,

Obviously! :-)

I was mainly referring to this sentence.

It is NOT true to say that it has nothing to do with memory space.
Some of our Java processes are running > 12G RAM - this would not be
possible with 32bit - at least not with Java.
(Yes it could be done with multiple processes and some for of
communication between them)

Memory space is ONE of the factors - and to be honest the one that
was more important for our application than the 15% speedup.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message