tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Burak YĆ½lmaz <netson...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to change(override) application path
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:50:00 GMT
My question is related with java but i think the solution is at the tomcat global variables
so i need this groups help.

I want my web links to be like www.mydomain.com/album/13

with the help of the front controller at java i will translate the url to www.mydomain.com/album.jsp?id=3
and dispatch it to the jsp file...

at web.xml i configured the url pattern like below

  <servlet>
	<servlet-name>Controller</servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>com.mydomain.Controller</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>Controller</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>/album/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Everything is ok if i type the url like mydomain.com/album

But
if i type mydomain.com/album/ or mydomain.com/album/13 my pages are
displayed but the images,css files,js files cannot be imported....This
is because application tries to get the images from like
mycontext/album/images/xxx.gif but in fact the images are under
mycontext/images/xxx.gif

Because of this urlrewriting i have this path problem...So there must be some option i will
re set exmp: TOMCAT.Application.Path="http://www.mydomain.com/" everytime after recreation
of real url and my images and other files will be displayed correctly.

thank you

Burak