tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jake Alley <jalley1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem listing apps in manager app
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 23:58:40 GMT
I'm trying to list the applications in the manager app.  It was working before, but now all
of a sudden it has stopped.  It was working before, but I added an app and it stopped working.
 I remove the app and it still doesn't work.  I clean the work space for the manager app and
it still doesn't work.  The applications list under "Complete Server Status" but not under
"List Applications."

I'm using 6.0.13 on 1.5.0_06-b05

The error I get is:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.list(HTMLManagerServlet.java:434)
 org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:137)
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

 Line 434 is the following:

args[11] = new Integer(context.getManager().getMaxInactiveInterval()/60);

I'm inclined to believe it's failing because of context.getManager() which is checked for
null previously in the same function.

               if (context.getManager() != null) {
                    args[4] = new Integer
                        (context.getManager().getActiveSessions());
                } else {
                    args[4] = new Integer(0);
                }

Does anybody have any insight into this?

Thanks.