tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nino Ulsamer" <nino.ulsa...@equitystory.de>
Subject AW: Tomcat - Apache: IP replacement
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:43:22 GMT

[Mon Jul 02 17:28:36 2007] [0848:1240] [debug] mod_jk.c (604): Service protocol=HTTP/1.1 method=GET

Von: Johnny Kewl [mailto:john@kewlstuff.co.za]
Gesendet: Montag, 2. Juli 2007 14:59
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: Tomcat - Apache: IP replacement

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nino Ulsamer" <nino.ulsamer@equitystory.de>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 1:43 PM
Subject: AW: Tomcat - Apache: IP replacement

John,
keep cool ;-)
So that might be interesting. We indeed have a MS Box running here, so where
exactly could we come across IPv6?
---
Its just that I noted that when I only had ipv4 installed, and called it
from local browser
getRemoteAddr would return 127.0.0.1..... but when I had IPv6 installed, it
would return 0.0.0.0

So... I'm guessing that IPv6 is installed on that machine...
I dont have VISTA, but there I think its a default, on XP you have to make
it happen, and its tricky.

And I'm thinking that if Apache is not on the same machine as TC.... getting
0.0.0.0 is actually impossible, even if it was picking up on the Apache
server.
I dont think a loop back address can call anything but the machine.
Perhaps if Apache and JK and all the rest are on the same machine, and setup
on localhost.... that result could in fact be right.
Anyway.... this is all wild guesses

I think if you explain the configuration a little more, and maybe show the
snippets of configuration files, a guru may spot it.
For example if you calling the Apache box, but the browser is on the same
machine as TC, then I would guess, its not actually going thru Apache, and
its getting in thru another connecter.... something like that.

If u interested in IPv6.... heres an article from when the TC guys where
messing around with it... http://www.junlu.com/msg/354211.html
---

Thanks,
Nino