tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nino Ulsamer" <nino.ulsa...@equitystory.de>
Subject Tomcat - Apache: IP replacement
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 10:01:10 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem with finding out the IP address of requests in Tomcat.
I'm using the HttpServletRequest.getRemoteAddr() function, but it
returns "0.0.0.0". My server configuration is as follows: Apache
receives all requests and forwards them to Tomcat via mod_jk. Probably
in this step it replaces the address of the original request by its own
address. I've read a lot about this topic already, but I always found
the solution being "you should use mod_jk". I'm using JK 1.2, is it
possible to configure it so that it does not replace the IP address?

Thanks a lot,

Nino Ulsamer