tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fabio Rossi <paranoid_fa...@yahoo.it>
Subject Unable to disable output buffering
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:49:13 GMT
Hello.

I need to disable output stream buffering. I tried with response.setBufferSize but i noticed
that Tomcat does not permit to set a level lower than the standard 8k.
Then I read that the solution is to specify the connector property socketBuffer="-1" in server.xml
but again, it does not work for me. If I print the current buffer size during the execution
of the servlet I get again the same 8192.

How can I do do disable output buffering? I need that an exception is raised even if the client
fails to read the last byte of the stream...and with output buffering it's not possibile.

Please help. Thank you.