tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change(override) application path
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:09:00 GMT
On 7/30/07, Burak YĆ½lmaz <netsonicc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My links was not starting with "/" i misswrote it sorry.
>
> now when i wrote my links starting with "/" and links are like;
> /images/xxx.jpg
> and the images are displayed now. Anyway i now i have to put "/" on the start of my every
link...

> I still didnt understand this path system is supplied by tomcat? ,browser compiler like
ie,firefox? or java?...

This is basic HTML -- relative links are relative to the page they're in.
The server technology being used is irrelevant.

> In fact its still not the real solution that i want. I have tried all ways of wrapping
the request object but understood that its not related with request variables. So thats why
i came here and started to think that if i can override any tomcat parameters and solve this
pathing problem.

You could probably create a fragile and pointless work-around with
a filter -- or you could just put your links in correctly to start with :-)

FWIW,