tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: How to change(override) application path
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:12:28 GMT
Personally I would find a good tool to automate the task and just change
the links.  Your solution might work as a temporary solution, but sooner
or later I would think the links would need changing anyway.
Additionally you might want to take a close look at your code and see if
there is any way to reduce the number of places where these resources
are referenced.

--David

Burak Yýlmaz wrote:

>my links to images,css,js are like below in jsp files;
>
>/images/xxx.jpg
>/js/xxx.js
>/css/xxx.css
>
>solution is fully re rewriting the url's i know like;
>
>http://www.mydomain.com/images/xxx.jpg
>
>But its hard to change thousands of links and i thought if it is logical or not so i looked
to a solution at container level.

variables so i need this groups help.

>>I want my web links to be like www.mydomain.com/album/13
>>
>>with the help of the front controller at java i will translate the url to www.mydomain.com/album.jsp?id=3
and dispatch it to the jsp file...

>>at web.xml i configured the url pattern like below
>>
>> <servlet>
>>   <servlet-name>Controller</servlet-name>
>>   <servlet-class>com.mydomain.Controller</servlet-class>
>> </servlet>
>>
>> <servlet-mapping>
>>   <servlet-name>Controller</servlet-name>
>>   <url-pattern>/album/*</url-pattern>
>> </servlet-mapping>
>>

>>Everything is ok if i type the url like mydomain.com/album
>>
>>But
>>if i type mydomain.com/album/ or mydomain.com/album/13 my pages are
>>displayed but the images,css files,js files cannot be imported....This
>>is because application tries to get the images from like
>>mycontext/album/images/xxx.gif but in fact the images are under
>>mycontext/images/xxx.gif
>>

>>Because of this urlrewriting i have this path problem...So there must be some option
i will re set exmp: TOMCAT.Application.Path="http://www.mydomain.com/"; everytime after recreation
of real url and my images and other files will be displayed correctly.