tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat with 8 GB memory
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:28:26 GMT
I was under impression that GC does not scale linearly. That means one
8GB process will be slower than two 4GB processes. There are other
considerations too: multi-threading - global locks will lock less
threads (maybe in GC, heap, application logic, ...), but cluster
overhead may be noticeable too.

- Alexey.