tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Bean and Servlet
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:08:12 GMT
Mohammed Zabin wrote:
> On 7/27/07, Mohammed Zabin <jotnarta@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, in the first page, which use a tag, I generate 10 random numbers. and
>> generate a SQL statement containing this numbers like the following:
>> SELECT * FROM table WHERE id in ( 2, 3, 5, 10, .... etc). I use a string
>> to hold the " in " statement and bound it to the whole query string.
>>
>> After submitting the page, I need to check the validety of the answers,
>> for the same questions. So, I store the inStr in a session and read it in
>> the second page.

why not just include the question id in the fieldname and submit with
the answer?

<textarea name="question_3">an answer</textarea>
<textarea name="question_5">another answer</textarea>

Enumeration paramNames = request.getParameterNames();
while (paramNames.hasMoreElements()) {
	String name = (String) paramNames.nextElement();
	if (name.startsWith("question_")) {
		String id = name.replaceFirst("question_", "");

		// or remove 'all not digits'
		// String numeric_id = name.replaceAll("\\D", "");

		String value = request.getParameter(name);

		// id=3, value=an answer
		// id=5, value=another answer
	}
}