tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Lee Rubinger <...@9mmedia.com>
Subject Tomcat/AJP Client Abort Socket Errors - Leads to File Descriptor Leak
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:54:13 GMT
Hi.

I am running Apache HTTPD 2.2.4 with ModJK 1.2.21, both compiled from
source on CentOS 4.4.  I have a workers.properties file configured to
send requests to Tomcat 5.5 on a separate machine within the internal
network.

When receiving a ClientAbortException from Tomcat (shown in
"tomcat_broken_pipe_error.txt"), it seems that the socket connection
between ModJK and Tomcat is not closed out, and on the Application
Server running Tomcat I'm observing a Life Descriptor leak (as shown in
"lsof.txt").

I've tried setting "recovery_options" to 4 as suggested by
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html, but this
has not corrected the problem.

Have attached all relevant log excerpts and configurations in hopes that
someone has come across this and might have some insight.

Thanks in advance for your help.  Will be happy to provide any other
information I may have excluded.

S,
ALR