tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Julio J. Suárez Salinero" <ju...@miracle-soft.com>
Subject Re: OracleConnectionPoolDataSource
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:08:05 GMT
Zdeněk Vráblík escribió:
> Hi,
>
>> 4. I use OracleConnectionPoolDataSource because with
>> javax.sql.DataSource it doesn't close correctly close connections from
>> pool and server got to hang up.
>
> Have you got any exception?

It throwed "Closed Statement", "Exhausted Resultset" and
"NullPointerException", but only when I do stress test. If I browse page
with navigator it works correctly and throws no exceptions.

> This is my resource:
>
> <Resource name="IC"
> auth="Container"
> type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
> factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
> user="IC"
> password="IC"
> driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
> url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.100.119:1521:orcl"
>
> maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxwait="-1"/>
> and this is my java code I use
> try
> {
> // Look up the data source on the JNDI tree
> DataSource ds = (DataSource) ctxt.lookup("java:/comp/env/" + poolName);
>

> if (ds instanceof OracleDataSource)
> {
> log.debug("oracleDatasource found");
> }
>
> conn = ds.getConnection();
>
> if (conn instanceof OracleConnection)
> {
> log.debug( "OracleConnection - delegated" );
> }
> }
> catch ( Exception ex )
> {
> log.error( classId + "Error getting Oracle Connection.", ex );
> throw ex;
> }

With OracleDataSource instead of OracleConnectionPoolDataSource I can
use "user" and "password" in the context, but when I run stress test
with 10 users, I see it uses more connections than I put in context (It
uses one per user and I put 8 in the context). It's seems not to respect
the pool. And it throws no exceptions.
> What jdbc driver do you use?

I use the driver from www.oracle.com that corresponds with my oracle
version
(http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc9201.html)
Oracle9/i/ 9.2.0.1 JDBC Drivers for JDK 1.4.
> And one question. Are you going to use any user transaction manager? :)
> I use simpleJTA, but I have tested it only in developement...

I'm not using any user transaction manager. I think my page doesn't need it.
> Regards,
> Zdenek

Regards.