tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problems with IP based virtual hosting with multiple SSL certificates and APR
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2007 23:04:18 GMT
Przemyslaw Ceglowski wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I have been fighting with it for good few weeks now and I cannot manage to
> make it work myself so any help would be appreciated.

Short version:
- remove all the context elements
- create a folder named ROOT inside every appBase
- move the current contents of each appBase to the new ROOT folder

> <Host name="www.domain3.com" debug="5"
>       appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/www.domain3.com/"
>       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
> <Context path="" docBase="" debug="1"/>
> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
>        directory="logs"  prefix="www.domain3.com_access."
>        suffix=".log" pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
> </Host>

Long version:
docBase can be absolute or relative so with a value of "" it is
assumed to be relative ends up being the same as appBase.

A docBase should never be the same as an appBase. Older Tomcat
versions allowed this as an unfortunate side effect a bug that has
since been fixed.

Further, to align with later versions of the servlet spec, any folder
in an appBase is assumed to be a context regardless of whether it
contains a WEB-INF directory or not.

HTH,

Mark