tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Julio J. SuƔrez Salinero" <ju...@miracle-soft.com>
Subject Re: OracleConnectionPoolDataSource
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:12:59 GMT
I'll try to answer all your questions and tell you what state is the
page now.

1. I get the same results with
"oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource",
"oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" and "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver".
Currently I'm using "oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver".

2. I am importing "javax.naming.*" which includes
"javax.naming.Context", "import javax.naming.InitialContext" and
"javax.naming.NamingException". I think if I were not importing that, it
would NEVER work, so I think this is not the problem.

3. "factory" attribute is new. I have found it in google and it began to
work when I started using it.

4. I use OracleConnectionPoolDataSource because with
javax.sql.DataSource it doesn't close correctly close connections from
pool and server got to hang up.

5. con variable is of type Connection. I found this in an example in
google. May it be of type PooledConnection? If so, can I use pc variable
instead of con?

6. I've putted user="test" password="test" in context but it still
doesn't work if I don't put user and password in getPooledConnection.

Currently context.xml is this:

<Context debug="0" reloadable="true">
  <Resource
    name="jdbc/test" auth="Container"
    type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource"
    factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
    maxActive="5" maxIdle="-1" maxWait="-1"
    removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="60" logAbandoned="true"
    driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
    url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.47:1521:GLOBALDB" />
</Context>

And code that gets the connection is this:

    Context initCtx = null;
    PooledConnection pc = null;
    Connection con = null;

    public void init()
    {
      if(pc == null)
      {
        try
        {
          initCtx = new InitialContext();
          Context ctx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:/comp/env");
          OracleConnectionPoolDataSource fuenteDatos =
(OracleConnectionPoolDataSource) ctx.lookup("/jdbc/ganaderia");
          pc = fuenteDatos.getPooledConnection(dbUser, dbPassword);
        }
        catch(Exception e)
        {
          String mensaje = getMessage(e);
          sc.log(mensaje);
        }
      }
      initConnection();
    }

    void initConnection()
    {
        try
        {
            con = pc.getConnection();
        }
        catch(Exception e)
        {
            sc.log(getMessage(e));
        }
    }

    public void finishConnection()
    {
        try
        {
            if(con != null)
            {
                con.close();
                con = null;
            }
        }
        catch(Exception e)
        {
            sc.log(getMessage(e));
            con = null;
        }
    }

    public void finish()
    {
        try
        {
            finishConnection();
            if(pc != null)
                pc.close();
        }
        catch(Exception e)
        {
            sc.log(getMessage(e));
        }
    }

Currently I can browse the page normally, but when I play stress test, I
see only one connection and two users cannot log in at the same time.

Seva Popov escribiĆ³: