tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <>
Subject Re: Trouble with java.util.Timer in Tomcat 5.5 - solved
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 01:39:22 GMT
Just a late note to tell you all that this is fixed, and the trouble was
as you suggested:  my ftp.connect method was hanging.  Once I figured
out what timeouts to set for it, I let it go, and it went several days
just like it has before, until I was perusing my logs tonight and found
a Timeout Exception logged and trapped appropriately, and it then
returned and continued along its merry way, firing the timer again at
the next correct interval, importing files properly the next time they

So everything looks great now.  Thanks for the suggestions; it would
have taken me a long time to figure that one out on my own!