tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DataSources and Tomcat (continue thread: Re: How to use connectionpool with tomcat 1.2.9)
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:05:31 GMT
Lyallex wrote:
> One thing that constantly frustrates me is the apparent ambiguities in
> the documentation

Then do something constructive about it. You are part of the Tomcat
community and the documentation is as much your responsibility as
anyone else here. If you find a problem, report it. Better yet,
suggest an alternative wording that improves the documentation or
ideally, provide a patch.

> 'Add this in between the </Context> tag of the examples context and
> the </Host> tag closing the localhost definition'
> Well there isn't a Context tag in my distro so I just invented one and
> it works, of course we are always being advised to put our <Context>
> thing in our web apps these days so that's what I'm going to try next.

This has been now fixed in the docs 5.5.x and 6.0.x and will be in the
next release of each.

Mark