tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <jacob-li...@uptecs.com>
Subject Tomcat Application Read/Write properties (mk2)
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 05:38:07 GMT
I am going to re-word the question from the last thread to ask not how
to do what I think I should do, but what I should do (:

Where I work, ease of configuration and management is an important part
of the software selection process. I have seen many tomcat applications
provide an install.jsp or setup.jsp that allows you to configure various
information including the name of the database. So here is my question.
What is the correct/standard/java way of doing this? The database
username/password are usually stored in web.xml, should the
configuration page write the the web.xml file?  I know what technically
can be done, but what should be done?

Thanks,
Jacob Rhoden