tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Moore <...@microps.com>
Subject Tomcat6 Manager App HOW-TO
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 23:27:30 GMT
I would appreciate some clarifications/advice on this How-To..

It appears that the instruction to add (paths corrected)

<Context path="/manager" privileged="true"
    docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/manager">
</Context>

is wrong (based on message from Charles Caldarale on 5/16/2007)

So.. in reading the rest of the instructions I'm finding things are not
quite working as documented.

Searched this list and google and so far have not come up with any answers:

Specifically..

1) Is the instruction that you add a manager.xml to each

    $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]

..folder required?  (I assume the path should be corrected since there
is no longer any "server" directory structure.)

.. at this point it does not seem to matter.. but I would like access to
virtual hosts..

2) So I can access the localhost manager at:

     http://localhost:8080/manager/html

   but can not access the host-manager at:

    http://localhost:8080/host-manager/html

   ..I get a 403  (I did try adding a host-manager role to the
tomcat-user.xml , but no joy)

   Is there something that has not been documented as yet to configure
this..???

3) I can not access a virtual host Manager at

   http://www.domainhere.com:8080/manager/html

Thank you for any hints or advice..

John..