tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dimitris Mouchritsas <>
Subject Tomcat cannot access the resources in an HTTPS webapp
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:42:00 GMT
Hi, I'm running Tomcat 6.0.13 in Windows XP SP2.
I've configured Tomcat to use SSL through the documentation instructions and
it works, since I can access the ROOT webapp from https.
The problem is a book example I'm trying. I've set up web.xml like this:

    <realm-name>ORA Examples</realm-name>

but when I try to access say /ch13/search/search.html I get:

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

Does this has to do with file permissions? Also, after changing some of
the file permissions I got a strange error for the webapp
from tomcat in stdout: SEVERE: Cannot configure an authenticator for
method HTTPS
which seemed to go away after a few restarts. Now I'm back in the
original question. But if anyone can tell me what this error is
I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: