tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dimitris Mouchritsas <...@mail.daedalus.gr>
Subject Tomcat cannot access the resources in an HTTPS webapp
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:42:00 GMT
Hi, I'm running Tomcat 6.0.13 in Windows XP SP2.
I've configured Tomcat to use SSL through the documentation instructions and
it works, since I can access the ROOT webapp from https.
The problem is a book example I'm trying. I've set up web.xml like this:
  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>search</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/ch13/search/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>admin</role-name>
      <role-name>user</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

  <login-config>
    <auth-method>HTTPS</auth-method>
    <realm-name>ORA Examples</realm-name>
  </login-config>

  <security-role>
    <role-name>admin</role-name>
  </security-role>
  <security-role>
    <role-name>user</role-name>
  </security-role>

but when I try to access say /ch13/search/search.html I get:

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

Does this has to do with file permissions? Also, after changing some of
the file permissions I got a strange error for the webapp
from tomcat in stdout: SEVERE: Cannot configure an authenticator for
method HTTPS
which seemed to go away after a few restarts. Now I'm back in the
original question. But if anyone can tell me what this error is
I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.