tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Garthfield Carter <tom...@webconexion.net>
Subject JavaMail SMTP authentication in JSP
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:07:30 GMT
Hello,

Has anybody got an example they could send me of how to authenticate
with an SMTP server to send an email in JSP for JavaMail? I've been
trying unsuccessfully for two days trying to get something working. I'm
just trying in plain text at the moment, I don't need SSL or anything.
Below is the non-functioning code example I've built from various
examples on Google. None of the examples on Google that I searched for
gave a complete example just snippets. There's something that I'm doing
wrong.

Any helpe would be greatly appreciated.

Garthfield

<%@ page import="java.util.*, javax.mail.*, javax.mail.internet.*" %>

<%

String host = "smtp.domain.com";
String user = "user@domain.com";
String pass = "pAsWoRd";

String to = "to@domain.com";
String from = "from@domain.com";
String subject = "Test subject";
String messageText = "Test body";
boolean sessionDebug = false;

Properties props = System.getProperties();
props.put("mail.host", host);
props.put("mail.transport.protocol", "smtp");

Session mailSession = Session.getDefaultInstance(props, null);
mailSession.setDebug(sessionDebug);

Message msg = new MimeMessage(mailSession);
msg.setFrom(new InternetAddress(from));
InternetAddress[] address = {new InternetAddress(to)};
msg.setRecipients(Message.RecipientType.TO, address);
msg.setSubject(subject);
msg.setSentDate(new Date());
msg.setText(messageText);

Transport transport = mailSession.getTransport("smtp");
transport.connect(host, user, user);
transport.sendMessage(msg, msg.getAllRecipients());
transport.close();

%>