tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Large file transfer through tomcat?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:33:25 GMT
Mark Jessop wrote:
> In both of these cases, I don't want to have to hold the entire file in a
> memory buffer before it can be managed.

Tomcat will stream the data to/from your Servlet. There will be some
small (few K) in memory buffers in the path for efficiency but nothing
approaching the entire file.

The only exception to this case I can think of is when POSTing to a
page that requires FORM authentication. In this case the entire
original request will be saved during the auth process but there is a
fairly low (4K?) default limit on the size of that request.

Mark