tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rpr_listas <rpr_lis...@telefonica.net>
Subject Re: Form authentication with captcha...
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:15:03 GMT
Hello David,

I know that this is out of the specification, and bind my application to
this server implementation, but modify the realm has the same problem,
transform my application in a tomcat-only application.

Build a custom authentication is not solution, because this disconnect
the application from the J2EE standard, and I prefer to fit to standards
in the rest of the application. I think that the better approach could
be a custom authentication servlet and this servlet store a new
Principal in the container. But i think that in J2EE can't access to do
this from servlet.

Best regards.
Ricardo