tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Stavrinides <p.stavrini...@albourne.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 classloader errors
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:28:00 GMT
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the reply!

The Tapestry libraries are in $CATALINA_BASE/shared/lib.

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Peter Stavrinides [mailto:p.stavrinides@albourne.com]
>> Subject: Tomcat 6 classloader errors
>>
>> I am porting a Java servlet from Tomcat 5.5.20 to Tomcat 6
>> and I seem to be having classloader issues. The application
>> works under 5, but under 6 I get the following stack trace.
>>
>> org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@13a328f
>>  org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet
>>

> Where did you put the Tapestry JAR?  It's never been part of the Tomcat
> distribution, so you'll need to place it where the webapp classloader
> (or the common classloader) can find it.  Note that the classloading
> hierarchy in Tomcat 6 is different from that in 5.5:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html
>
>  - Chuck

Peter Stavrinides
Albourne Partners (Cyprus) Ltd
Tel: +357 22 750652

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and
do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Please visit http://www.albourne.com/email.html
for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.