tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: Form authentication with captcha...
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:23:30 GMT
Hello,

Form authnetificator does form based authentification regarding the
corresponding J2EE specifications, which specify the submit name of the
username field (j_username), the submit name of the user password
(j_passwrd), and that's all. Of course you, developper of webapplication
can customize form (adding company logo, etc), but the specs states that
user must provide username and password and submit it to
/j_security_check url. Adding a captcha in this specs or other
informations is not possible like that.

The only 2 ways i see to add captcha and not break specs is either

1) to create a realm that expect the captcha to be appended or perpended
to password.
eg:
j_username: johnSmith
j_password: 12345@captcha=AdQ1
The realm could probably compare the provided captcha with some value
stored somewhere else
the j_password field could be constructed, client side, with javascript,
from 2 not submitted fields.

or
2) Don't rely on container security and provide your own security with
you own whatever forms.

En l'instant précis du 03/07/07 10:45, rpr_listas s'exprimait en ces
termes: