tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vaduvoiu Tiberiu <>
Subject change/set tomcat encoding
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 07:07:24 GMT
I'm having problem with tomcat encoding. I have some xml files that have encoding utf-8 but
when I do a slide search, I get some errors because(or at least I think because) by default,
Tomcat uses ISO-8859-1 character encoding. Googling the problem, I've read a couple of articles
on mailing list about other people that had problem with the german umlaut characters.
How can I change the default character encoding in Tomcat to utf-8?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message