tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: OracleConnectionPoolDataSource
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:04:30 GMT
how do you know the user and password won't work from the context?
Are you just trying to store it elsewhere or did you try it?

Also, on the driver reference, I saw something on Oracle's site suggesting the use of:

oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver, I believe, rather than the full oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

it had said the latter was deprecated. However, that may not be the crux of your problem but
you could try it.

I have not experimented with the getPooledConnection method so I can't say.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Julio J. SuƔrez Salinero" [mailto:julio@miracle-soft.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: OracleConnectionPoolDataSource

I have get it to work from a context resource. I've had to specify a
factory attribute. Currently context.xml is this:

<Context path="/test" docBase="test" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
<Resource name="jdbc/test" auth="Container"
type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource"
factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
maxActive="0" maxIdle="-1" maxWait="-1"
removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="60" logAbandoned="true"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.47:1521:GLOBALDB" />
</Context>

User and password doesn't work in context.xml. I have used a
getPooledConnection overload:

Context ctx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:/comp/env");
OracleConnectionPoolDataSource fuenteDatos =
(OracleConnectionPoolDataSource) ctx.lookup("/jdbc/test");
pc = fuenteDatos.getPooledConnection(dbUser, dbPassword);

dbUser and dbPassword are loaded from a configuration file.

Now, I can set pool maximum size in context.xml, but it still creates
only one connection and doesn't allow two users to log in at the same time.

Perhaps I am reusing PooledConnection instead of Connection???

Christopher Schultz escribiĆ³: