tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Burak YĆ½lmaz <netson...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to change(override) application path
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:55:17 GMT
Its an amazing solution for me that i was looking for something like this exactly... But originally
it would be better if i could send and set this from java response like response.BasePath=global
value;

I looked at response functions its not directly possible. Or is it?

Thank you

Note:Previous email was wrongly sent without any text from me sorry.

----- Original Message ----
From: Lyallex <lyallex@gmail.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 9:29:01 PM
Subject: Re: How to change(override) application path

Hi

I've had all sorts of problems understanding how relative links are
resolved so I found this solution somewhere and it works well for me

All my pages import a header file (header.jsp) in header.jsp I have this

<%
String basePath = request.getScheme()+"://"+request.getServerName()+"/";
%>

  <head>
    <base href="<%=basePath%>">

Now I no longer have any problems with links not working, ever.

I have my app installed as the default app. If you are using a non
ROOT context you can append request.getContextPath() like this

<%
String basePath =
request.getScheme()+"://"+request.getServerName()+"/"+request.getContextPath()+"/";
%>

It works for me

Rgds
Duncan