tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alice Young <aliceyoun...@yahoo.com>
Subject change in local directory deployment behavior between 5.5 and 6
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 15:47:08 GMT
Hi,

  I have been searching for a solution to this problem for a while, but it's difficult to
search on when the keywords match so many general topics.

  In tomcat 5.5, I was able to use manager to deploy from a directory on the filesystem, and
tomcat would use that directory for the source. It would not copy the contents of the directory
to its webapps directory. I could stop tomcat, start it again and pick up changes in the class
files of the app. This was very quick because no file copying was going on.

  In tomcat 6, it now copies all of the files to the webapps directory. I can no longer just
stop and restart tomcat to pick up the changes in the class files because tomcat has its own
copy. I have to undeploy and redeploy at minimum, and it takes quite some time and extra work
on my part.

  Is there a way to configure tomcat 6 get the old tomcat 5.5 behavior back? Thanks for any
help.

  Alice

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.