tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lyallex <lyal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataSources and Tomcat (continue thread: Re: How to use connectionpool with tomcat 1.2.9)
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:45:32 GMT
Hi

How confused do you want to be ....

I started looking at the 4.1 docs as well ... it'll never work
I do object to having to download taglibs just to get a simple example
working so you can keep all the code from the 4.1 example including
the web.xml entry
All you really need to change is the server.xml configuration as described in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html,
at least this is what I did and the example seems to work OK.

One thing that constantly frustrates me is the apparent ambiguities in
the documentation (it's not a criticism before anyone gets upset) the
docs state
'Add this in between the </Context> tag of the examples context and
the </Host> tag closing the localhost definition'
Well there isn't a Context tag in my distro so I just invented one and
it works, of course we are always being advised to put our <Context>
thing in our web apps these days so that's what I'm going to try next.

Good Luck

Chers
Duncan