tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lyallex <lyal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to remove port number from https adress and redirect http to https
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:49:27 GMT
Hi

This is my first contribution to this list and I expect others will have
better ways of doing it but ...

The way I managed to get his working is to set the ssl connector port to the
default ssl port (443)
and my non-ssl connector port to the default http port (80)
Obviously there are issues starting Tomcat on these ports on *NIX systems
but judging by the following
entry in your ssl connector (keystoreFile="/root/.keystore") you appear to
have access to root.

That should do it

Also in my etc/hosts file I have set 127.0.0.1   www.mywebapp.co.uk and my
app is the root web app

so now, combined with the following in web.xml

<security-constraint>
     <user-data-constraint>
    </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

and a suitable servlet filter I can switch between http and https almost at
will with no messing about with ports just by asking for
http://www.mywebapp.co.uk

Hope this helps

Cheers
Duncan